Wills, Estate Planning and Deceased Estates
Estate Planning isn’t just preparing a Will. Our skilled estate planning lawyers make sure all of our clients’ assets pass in the manner that they wish. The result is complete peace of mind. We consider complexities such as:
- the needs and wishes clients have for all of their family members
- blended family situations;
- managing avoidable taxes and duties;
- dealing with the future sale or retention and ongoing management of large assets or trading businesses including those owned by family trusts, a company or a Super Fund;
- devising appropriate protections for those family members who have a disability or are too young or just not yet ready to receive their inheritance; and
- dealing with de facto and same sex relationships.
Our goal is to work with you to devise strategies and structures to allow you to retire with family harmony maintained and your hard earned assets protected.
The team’s work may involve a Will with multiple Testamentary Trusts, an Enduring Power of Attorney, an Appointment of Enduring Guardian, an Advance Health Directive (Living Wills), a Control Deed to manage your Family Trust, a Superannuation Binding Death Benefit Nomination or a Superannuation Advance Transfer Directive. With a thorough estate plan, clients can also protect a family member’s inheritance from a future marriage, divorce or bankruptcy.
We have experience in:
- Family trusts
- Succession to family owned companies and businesses
- Taxation and superannuation implications
- Special considerations in the case of disability and mental health issues
- Maintaining Centrelink entitlements
- Applications for grant of probate and letters of administration including informal wills and rectification of Wills
- Administration of intestate or partially intestate estates
If you’re wondering whether you need specialist estate planning advice, please give us a call. Having acted for many years in court disputes resulting from a Will maker’s failure to plan, we have compiled a list of risk factors.