Harris Freidman’s experienced Disputes team know how to get successful outcomes in all disputes, even when bitter or complex. We deliver commercial, timely and practical advice and service.
We proactively seek to resolve disputes by alternative dispute resolution like mediation or expert determination whenever possible, and work with the commercial, property and estate planning lawyers when specialised knowledge is required. As a member of the Law Australasia Group we are also able to access affiliate firms in other States when needed.
We are proud to be regularly referred work by judges, barristers, accounting firms, major national legal firms and numerous smaller legal firms and have represented clients in all State and Federal Courts and Tribunals.
We have experience in:
- Commercial, contractual and equity disputes
- Minority shareholder and oppression claims
- Disputes in private companies and other Corporations Act matters
- Enforcement of intellectual property rights
- Cross Border Insolvency applications
- Wills and deceased estate litigation
- Employment and restraint of trade disputes
- Insurance, negligence and product liability claims
- Property strata and leasing disputes
- Obtaining and resisting injunctions and asset preservation orders
- Administrative law
- Debt recovery, enforcement of securities, bankruptcy and insolvency
- Fraud and other crime
- Inquiries, investigations and examinations
- Alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration