Family, de facto and same sex relationships
Harris Freidman offers a caring and practical approach to help clients deal with difficulties faced during a relationship breakdown. We have a family law practice in Sydney’s CBD with over fifteen years’ experience. We are committed to empowering clients understand their changing situations and to regain control of their lives.
Our team provides fast resolution to all family law matters and has the advantage of convenient liaison with expert commercial, estate planning, property and bankruptcy lawyers. Where possible, we attempt to resolve disputes without a court hearing. Through membership of Law Australasia we also have access to family law specialists outside New South Wales who we regularly collaborate with. Our extensive experience and access to abundant resources helps clients achieve the best possible outcomes.
We have experience in:
- Property settlements
- Asset tracing and unravelling of complex financial arrangements involving trusts, companies, superannuation and partnerships.
- Divorce and annulment applications
- Disputes over children including parenting, contact and residence arrangements and child support issues
- Maintenance applications
- Adoption and guardianship applications
- Pre-nuptial and financial agreements
- De facto relationship breakdown
- Property strata and leasing disputes
- Alternative dispute resolution practice including negotiation, mediation and collaborative law