About the Role:
You will handle matters involving property settlements, spousal maintenance, divorce applications, parenting disputes, binding financial agreements and mediation.
The role would suit someone who is confident, likes to work independently and wishes to take carriage of their own matters, who likes to have fun in the office and is a self-starter willing to work hard. For the less experienced you will be carefully mentored by a very experienced specialist.
We offer a highly competitive salary based on experience and performance. Great benefits including flexibility when required, some travel to conferences, client lunches, fundraising dinners etc. If you have some clients of your own and can build on that following, your earnings will quickly grow.
Hours are better than bigger firms but work is just as interesting with much more direct client contact.
Excellent partnership prospects for someone who is interested in business development and who is a good personal fit with the firm.
Provision of pragmatic commercial and sound legal advice related to:
- Property settlements
- Asset tracing and unravelling of complex financial arrangements involving trusts, companies, superannuation, and partnerships.
- Divorce and annulment applications
- Disputes over children including parenting, contact and residence arrangements and child support issues
- Maintenance applications
- Adoption and guardianship applications
- Pre-nuptial and binding financial agreements
- De facto relationship breakdown
- Alternative dispute resolution practice including negotiation, mediation and collaborative law Including taking instructions, advising clients, appearing in Court or at mediations and drafting documents.
Skills You Will Need
- Experienced in Australian Family law matters.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise effectively and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated individual who can work effectively independently as well as in a team.
- Must exercise independent judgement, being able to assess each task on its circumstances and tailor legal documents as appropriate.
Please send your application to email@example.com.